Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tombstone Tuesday: Charles Guokas III, 1927-1999

















Charles Peter Guokas III was my uncle, my mother's brother. He was born February 6, 1927 in Harris County, Texas, the oldest of Charles Peter Guokas Jr. and Sarah Melzina Wolfe's three children. He married Barbara Ann Glaze, a nurse from Tyler, Texas, in 1962 - he was 33, she was 28. Sadly, Aunt Barbara got cancer and passed away March 25, 1980. They had no children. Charles married Mary Ann Russell in Shelby County, Texas, around June 20, 1981; they also had no children. Uncle Charles passed away May 27, 1999, in Tyler, Texas. He is buried at the Cathedral in the Pines Cemetery there.

The photo above is of Uncle Charles on Christmas Eve, 1982.


© Amanda Pape - 2010

5 comments:

  1. Hi Amanda, I only knew Geraldine, Sarah,Fred and met some of Geraldine's Fred children on special occasions. I lived with mom and Charlie later his name was Papa. I was 14 yrs old when met Charlie. He and mo married then we moved to Tyler . At 18 yrs old I went off to school. At 25 had Stella, noww age 30. Charlie always stayed busy even last year's when hij

    ReplyDelete
  2. When his health wasn't so good. He was a good man. Often he and I would plan and he d make challenges for me to better myself. Welcom

    ReplyDelete
  3. At any rate. He made life fun. He was happy with my success

    ReplyDelete
  4. Challenges typing. I was thankful fo him in my life my mom's. His second wife. I a stepchild .then Stella was an amazing joy for he and mom. They just don't make me like Charlie and his era. Definitely gentlemen. I remember the deer camp . He d say I shoot.just here for fellowshi. All round good 2015 mom went on life support Feb 6. Just a week prior I played a song for hershe had asked. She was missing him til day she passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sophia, thank you for commenting! I do remember meeting you at a couple of family gatherings, before y'all moved to Tyler. I got a reminder from Legacy dot com a couple days ago about the anniversary of your mom's death. I know you must miss them both. Thank you for sharing your memories of Charlie!

      Delete