Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Advent Calendar: Christmas at Church

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past four years (2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012), but this year, there are some new prompts, and the sequence has changed for some old prompts used in previous years.  For the latter, in some cases I'll simply re-post, while in others, I will link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's at least somewhat related.

The prompt for today is:  December 11 – Christmas at Church

There are a variety of activities at Church during Christmastime, and they can vary based on your denomination or church. From the lighting of the Advent Wreath to Midnight Mass or Christmas Eve church services, for many, church is a central focus of the Christmas holiday....Tell us about if and how you incorporate church activities into your Christmas celebrations and your memories of Christmases past.
 
In 2009, 2010, and 2011, I wrote about Advent and nativity scenes.  Last year, 2012, I wrote about Chrismons and Jesse Trees.

I don't have much to add to this topic right now, so I am posting a picture of the Holy Family statue outside the Holy Family Parish Center of my parents' former parish, St. Mary's in Fredericksburg, Texas.

© Amanda Pape - 2013 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.   

No comments:

Post a Comment