Monday, December 9, 2013

Advent Calendar: Christmas Crafts

It's the annual Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories!  I've participated the past four years (2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012), but this year, there are some new prompts, and the sequence has changed for some old prompts used in previous years.  For the latter, in some cases I'll simply re-post, while in others, I will link to the older posts, and - when applicable - post about something else that's at least somewhat related.

The prompt for today is:  December 9 – Christmas Crafts

There’s a movement towards making items for Christmas gifts or even for Christmas decorating. Have you ever made something by hand related to Christmas? What was the item, how was it made and what did you do with the finished product? What about other family members – was or is there anyone who excels at hand-crafted items and giving them as gifts during Christmas?  Tell us about how you do Christmas crafts and your memories of Christmases past.

This is a new prompt for this year!  Although for me, it does tie in with a previous prompt about Christmas stockings, as the ones I've written about were all homemade.

Like Christmas shopping, though, Christmas crafts are something else for which I have little ability.  However, my mother and sister are very talented seamstresses.  One of them made this bells door decoration for me many years ago.  I still hang it up every year:



© Amanda Pape - 2013 - click here to e-mail me.

The Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories (ACCM) allows you to share your family’s holiday history 24 different ways during 24 days in December! Learn more at http://adventcalendar.geneabloggers.com.   

No comments:

Post a Comment