Saturday, July 11, 2015

Sibling Saturday: In New Braunfels, ABT 1965

A New Braunfels, Texas, native e-mailed me today about a post I did four years ago about our family's summers on the Comal River in New Braunfels in the late 1960s.  My youngest sister (too young to be in these pictures) had some photos of us other four siblings from our visit there in 1965 (when she was just a baby).

at Camp Warnecke, New Braunfels, TX, summer 1965
Above and below - at The Stockade Cedar Lodges, Summer 1965
Above are Brian (age 3), Mark (5), Karen (7), and me (8) at Camp Warnecke, known as a great place to shoot the rapids on inner tubes.  In fact, I can remember doing that with one of my brothers, I think Brian, and nearly missing the guy wire strung across the river that you were supposed to catch to keep from winding up in the whirlpool.

At right and below are me, Brian, Mark, and Karen at the Stockade Cedar Lodges, where we stayed for that 1965 summer vacation.  At the bottom of this post is a view of the swimming pool at the resort.

The pool and some of the cabins of Stockade Cedar Lodges might still exist - they, and Camp Warnecke, are now part of the Schlitterbahn Water Park and its Resort at the Bahn in New Braunfels.




Above:  Amanda, Brian, Mark, & Karen; and below, the pool, at The Stockade Cedar Lodges, New Braunfels, Texas, Summer 1965


© Amanda Pape - 2015 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment