Wednesday, January 27, 2016

(Not-So-) Wordless Wednesday: Pape Family, ABT 1965


A blurry family photo taken at my maternal grandmother (Sara Melzina Wolfe Guokas Archibald)'s home, 1118 Bay Oaks in Houston, Texas. I'm on the far left and age 7 here.  Dad (Frederick Henry Pape) is holding my brothers Brian (2) and Mark (4).  Mom (Geraldine Margaret Guokas Pape) is standing in the back, and my sister Karen (6) is at the far right.   The slide this image comes from was stamped March 1965, so the photo was taken in or before that month.

So why isn't my youngest sister Mary in this picture?  There's one of her taken in the same location (in front of the plant) with the same date stamp and just a couple slides before the group photo.  She's in an infant seat, below.  My guess is that she fell asleep and my parents did not want to disturb her for the photo above or for the photo of just us children.



© Amanda Pape - 2016 - click here to e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment